Perform ChIP on difficult-to-lyse PBMCs:
Active Motif’s ChIP-IT® PBMC Kit overcomes the challenges of generating quality chromatin for use in ChIP from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs). PBMCs, including lymphocytes (T cells, B cells and NK cells), monocytes and dendritic cells, constitute a critical component of the peripheral immune system and are often used in immunology, cancer and infectious disease research.
However, for researchers who want to perform ChIP, PBMCs make it difficult to extract quality chromatin because they are highly resistant to lysis under conditions normally suitable for other cell types. Active Motif leveraged its years of experience working with these difficult-to-lyse cells into developing a kit to finally enable researchers to prepare chromatin and perform ChIP on PBMCs. The ChIP-IT PBMC Kit offers a complete solution for chromatin immunoprecipitation including specialized reagents and protocols to enable extraction of high quality chromatin from PBMCs and integrated components and protocols for ChIP and DNA purification from our highly popular ChIP-IT® High Sensitivity Kit.
ChIP-IT® PBMC Advantages
- Obtain quality chromatin from PBMCs including T & B lymphocytes, dendritic cells and monocytes
- Sensitive enrichment of DNA from nanogram quantities of chromatin
- Optimized reagents from our ChIP-IT High Sensitivity Kit improve signal and minimize background
- Filtration based washes offer a faster, easier solution with better consistency than magnetic capture
- Highly robust procedure has been validated in both qPCR and ChIP-Seq