The most complete package for reproducible chromatin shearing.
The EpiShear™ Multi-Sample Sonicator is a high-intensity cup horn sonicator that can shear up to eight vials (20 µl – 1.2 ml sample per vial) of chromatin or DNA simultaneously for use in chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), DNA methylation studies and Next-Gen sequencing. It can also be used for standard cell disruption, RNA shearing and other homogenization applications. The unit is backed by a two-year warranty, and includes a fully programmable, digitally controlled generator, a compact sound enclosure housing an 8-sample cup horn sonicator / water bath, and can be supplied with or without the EpiShear™ Thermoelectric Chiller for continuous cooling of the samples.
The EpiShear Multi-Sample Sonicator is controlled by a microprocessor unit that offers both programmable and manual operation. The 750-watt generator has a keypad and digital display that make it easy to program the amplitude and to set the total sonication time, as well as the duration of the On and Off pulse cycles. It also makes it easy to monitor and change sonication parameters, if desired. The display also shows the total elapsed time, and provides real-time energy monitoring of both wattage and joules.
The unit utilizes a cup horn sonicator that can process up to eight vials (20 µl – 1.2 ml sample per vial) simultaneously. The cup horn is inside a water bath, which is housed inside a compact sound enclosure. To ensure reproducibility, the samples rotate continuously in the water bath, so all samples are subjected to the same amount of sonic energy. The sound enclosure has two LED lights inside and a small window that enables the samples to be monitored during sonication. The water bath and sound enclosure contain quick-connect hoses that enable you to quickly attach the water bath to a thermoelectric chiller, which keeps the samples at 3-4°C during sonication.
- More reproducible results – Eliminate sample-to-sample variability
- Less hands-on time – Save both time and effort
- Sealed sample tubes – No aerosols, cross-contamination, sample loss or foaming
- Digital amplitude / intensity control – Output intensity can be set from 20% – 100%
- Display of wattage and joules – Real-time energy monitoring
- Overload protection – Prevents damage to circuitry in the event of a fault occurring
- Compact design – Integrated cup horn and sound enclosure take up less space than other units