Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP) is an important technique allowing the analysis of in vivo interactions of proteins with genomic DNA. Any chromatin-associated or DNA binding protein can be analyzed with this technique, provided a good antibody to the protein exists. One can measure different proteins localized to a specific region of the genome, or the genome wide distribution of a specific protein. Another powerful application of this technique is to analyze changes in histone modifications that correlate with processes like transcription, mitosis or DNA repair.
Features & Benefits:
- Magnetic bead-based rapid protocol allows performance of ChIP in as little as 1 day
- Blend of protein A+G bead blend allows ChIP using a broader range of antibodies than A or G alone
- Negative and positive control antibodies and control primer set to simplfiy validation of experimental procedure
- Includes spin columns to make DNA purification easier and more reliable – no more messy phenol-chloroform extractions
- Complete kit with all required reagents for reliable and reproducible results
- Compatible with ChIPAb+ validated antibody and primer sets