The LightSwitch™ Luciferase Assay System includes over 30,000 regulatory elements from the human genome that have been cloned into LightSwitch reporter vectors. With over 18,000 human promoters and 12,000 3´UTRs available as transfection-ready LightSwitch luciferase reporter vectors, you can perform reporter assay experiments immediately. The LightSwitch System makes it easy for you to measure the transcriptional and post-transcription regulation of any gene in the genome.
To ensure high-quality results, LightSwitch reporter vectors utilize a novel, engineered luciferase gene (RenSP) and optimized reagents that provide industry-leading sensitivity. Follow this link for information on the LightSwitch System, the LightSwitch Promoter & 3´UTR vector collections and RenSP luciferase.
Applications of LightSwitch Pre-cloned reporters:
- Study the mechanism gene regulation
- Measure the functional effects of transcription factor binding
- Functionally validate ChIP results
- Validate miRNA targets in 3’UTRs
- Measure the effects of sequence variants
- High-throughput screening: experimentally validated assays
Advantages of the LightSwitch Luciferase Assay System:
- Quantitative –RenSP luciferase provides industry-leading sensitivity and dynamic range.
- Simple, fast, complete solution – No cloning, DNA preparation or optimization needed.
- Comprehensive and verified – sequence-verified and transfection-ready promoter and 3´UTR vectors.
- Cost-effective – Efficiently screen for activation and/or repression using a multitude of conditions.