Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) is the workhorse of the epigenetics world, like a penny-stock is to a Wall St. broker. So why run just one or two at a time? That’s so five years ago. Now that the EMD Millipore Magna ChIP™ HT96 kits are on the scene, you can churn out up to 96 ChIP reactions in a single plate, all at the same time.
The ChIP masters at EMD Millipore miniaturized assay volumes to fit into a 96 well plate format, which translates into some pretty key advantages:
- Less chromatin required (Only 10-100 thousand cell equivalents)
- Minimimal amount of antibody needed
- High throughput speeds with compatible systems like the Diagenode IP-Star or Tecan Freedom EVO
- Impressive fold enrichments and miniscule backgrounds possible, with automation or even multi-channel pipettes
If you’ve got the chromatin and antibodies, EMD Millipore can supply everything else you need for up to 96 wells worth of ChIPs. And, even if you don’t have the ChIP antibodies, or the chromatin, they can help you out there as well.
Insiders tell us that Magna ChIP™ HT96 includes 96 times more awesome.
Getting the Most From Magna ChIP™ HT96
There’s much more to Magna ChIP™ HT96 than just a 96-well plate. EMD Millipore R&D experts tinkered with the ChIP assay itself to dial in high performance. Some upgrades include:
- Protein A/G magnetic bead mixture, so you can choose from a wider variety of antibodies.
- Single, proprietary buffer that takes you all the way through sonication, IP and wash steps.
- Protocols for use with tissues or cells.
Once the ChIP is done, the DNA is ready to go. You can skip any additional cleanup steps and head straight into whatever analysis method you like.