The purpose of this workshop is to get a deeper understanding of the use of bisulfi te-treated DNA in order to analyze the epigenetic layer of DNA methylation. Advantages and disadvantages of the socalled ‘bisulfi te sequencing’ and its implications on data analyses will be covered. The participants will be trained to understand bisulfi te-treated NGS data, to detect potential problems/errors and fi nally to implement their own pipelines. After this course they will be able to analyze DNA methylation and create ready-to-publish graphics.
- DNA Methylation Data Analysis Workshop
- Learn how bisulfite sequencing works
- Understand how bisulfite-treated reads are mapped to a reference genome
- Perform basic analyses (call methylated regions, perform basic downstream analyses)
- Use shell scripting to create reusable data pipelines
- Visualize results (ready-to-publish)
|Date||29 Nov 2017|