Bisulfite conversion is still the gold-standard method used to investigate DNA methylation, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. When you’re trying to solve the mystery of methylation in your favorite samples, you want tools that will get you to the right answer, right away. QIAGEN’s EpiTect Plus Bisulfite Kits takes you all the way from sample lysis to complete bisulfite conversion, and will have you on the way to cracking your methylation case like a regular Sherlock Holmes – no matter what type of material you’re starting with.
Easy Gets Added to EpiTect Plus Mix
Many bisulfite procedures around have issues that make good DNA methylation analysis tough to do. For starters, you run into decreased yields, that later cause a hit in sensitivity, just from a separate DNA isolation step before conversion even begins. Not to mention the extra time you waste using a non-optimized protocol. With the EpiTect Plus Kits on the case, however, DNA isolation isn’t needed and you can reliably go from sample to converted DNA in as few steps as possible. Here are some of the benefits of the enhanced EpiTect Plus technique:
- Fast and easy: Thanks to the simplified protocol
- Handles different sample types: Start with DNA, cells, whole blood or even FFPE tissues
- Delivers high-quality converted DNA: Get a better than 99% DNA conversion rate
- Minimizes DNA loss and degradation: DNA Protect Technology gives high yields and up to 200-fold increased PCR sensitivity.
EpiTect Plus Has Your Samples Covered
Whatever kind of sample you’re using, there’s an EpiTect Plus Bisulfite Kit for you. The three new kits are interconnected products that deliver a single streamlined protocol that covers sample lysis, bisulfite conversion, and cleanup of converted DNA. Each kit includes all the necessary reagents and protocols, so just pick the right one for your starting material and get to work.
The EpiTect Plus Family Tree
- The EpiTect Plus DNA Bisulfite Kit reliably converts genomic DNA.
- The EpiTect Plus FFPE Bisulfite Kit enables direct conversion of DNA from FFPE samples
- The EpiTect Plus LyseAll Kit releases and directly converts DNA from whole blood cells, cell cultures, and tissue samples.
For your next big methylation investigation, check out the EpiTect Plus Bisulfite Kits at the QIAGEN website. They’ll help you earn your Methyl-Detective stripes in no time.