Become a ChIP Assay Expert!
The chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assay is one of the best ways to study the association of DNA-binding proteins with chromatin and the localization of histone modifications throughout the genome.
But ChIP assays take time to master.
Our friends at Active Motif have put together this free ChIP 101 eBook that summarizes the key points that need to be paid attention to when performing ChIP experiments, helping beginners avoid common mistakes and master this technology more quickly.
Topics covered include:
- The 5 critical steps in every ChIP experiment
- How many cells are needed for ChIP assays?
- How to properly fix and prepare your samples for ChIP
- How to sonicate and solubilize chromatin
- The best type of antibody to use in ChIP assays
- The best ways to analyze ChIP results