If you’re like many of the researchers we’ve met over the years, you’ve been hoarding some of your favorite Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) samples deep in the recesses of a nondescript lab freezer, just waiting to be investigated.
We get it; traditionally FFPE samples have been successfully used to analyze RNA and DNA, but looking at proteins and associated complexes were tricky at best. But that was back in the BC era, Before Chromatrap® that is.
Now, with Chromatrap® FFPE ChIP kits, there is a chromatin preparation protocol available that is worthy of your prized samples, and won’t have you running for the bottle of ibuprofen.
The savvy Chromatrap R&D team tailored their new FFPE ChIP Kits specifically to generate good quality chromatin from tissue samples, biopsies and other difficult to lyse samples. So there’s no more reason to keep guarding those samples like they’re Black Beard’s Treasure.
Inside Chromatrap® FFPE ChIP kits
The FFPE ChIP kit’s performance flows from a combination of Porvair’s renowned Chromatrap® purification technology and an enhanced protocol that provides researchers with some nice benefits:
- Procedure is a quicker, easier and more efficient than other ChIP assays.
- Highly sensitive solid-state platform works great for small samples.
- Purification steps are designed to maximize capture efficiency of the target chromatin/antibody complex.
- High sensitivity enables analysis of low abundance transcription factors and other DNA binding proteins.
- Non-specific background becomes a thing of the past by swapping in Chromatrap® discs rather than magnetic or agarose beads.
Unlock all the chromatin data stored in those lonely FFPE samples with the Chromatrap® FFPE ChIP Kit, and avoid that guilty feeling you get from ignoring those unused samples for so long. For more details, check out the Chromatrap website.