The interest in 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5-hmC) seems to be increasing faster than the national debt, but there still aren’t many tools available to aid scientists in understanding the 6th base, especially in a genome-wide context. Most current antibody and IP-based approaches are useful but can be a little difficult when applied to NGS.
Fortunately, the methylation masters at Zymo Research have stepped in to help with the introduction of their new Genome-wide 5-hmC Analysis Service. This first of its kind service is based on an alternative enrichment, library prep and NGS platform that improves both the sensitivity and specificity of 5-hmC detection…and best of all; you won’t even need to lift a finger to use it. Now we’re talking.
Genome-wide 5-hmC Service’s Star Player
The Genome-wide 5-hmC Analysis Service is designed to accurately map 5-hmC in DNA with high sensitivity on a genome-wide level, and the star of their new enrichment method is JBP-1. The JBP-1 protein specifically binds glucosyl-modified 5-hmC with high affinity to capture 5-hmC marks like Dog the Bounty Hunter rounds up bail-skipping fugitives. So it provides highly specific and sensitive enrichment for 5-hmC DNA. Zymo’s unique setup delivers:
- Unparalleled specificity and sensitivity – The JBP-1 technology provides very specific enrichment of 5-hmC DNA so you’ll get more data using less DNA (sub-microgram) input and still have the power to distinguish between 5-hmC and 5-methylcytosine (5-mC) marks.
- Streamlined NGS library prep and comprehensive bioinformatics analysis – The streamlined library prep coupled with a consolidated bioinformatics pipeline means fewer sample handling and data analysis headaches for the researcher.
- Fully customizable workflow- Zymo’s project scientists will work closely with each individual researcher throughout the process to understand their goals and give them what they need. Just like those custom car shops, only without the pin-striping or shiny rims.
- Fast turnaround times- With all the equipment and reagents on hand, the expert Zymo technicians can crank out your project way faster than most labs could on their own. They’ll have you scrolling through data faster than you can say 5-hydroxymethylcytosine.
As a customer, all you really need to know is that you submit your DNA samples to Zymo, and you’ll get back quality sequence data mapping the 5-hmC sites in no time. It’s that simple.
Enrichment you can see… high-resolution 5-hmC density peaks with low background noise.
More Bang for Your 5-hmC Service Buck
Whoever it was that said, “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself”, probably hadn’t heard about Zymo’s state of the art epigenetics services. Their Genome-wide 5-hmC Analysis offering will make even the most stubborn do-it-yourselfers consider outsourcing their next 5-hmC experiments. If you’re looking into 5-hmC, here are a few more reasons to consider Zymo’s service:
- The access and affordability of this platform technology makes 5-hmC analysis an option for more labs than ever before. You can get the data you need, even if you don’t have a lot of resources.
- High resolution output offers far greater detection capacity than methods featuring antibody-based enrichment.
- Zymo’s expertise in NGS library prep ensures robust sequencing of your enriched 5-hmC DNA regardless of the species of origin.
- Consolidated Data Delivery: Their newly developed and optimized bioinformatics pipeline processes the sequencing data, and assembles it into customizable, digestible and publication-ready reports.
Check out the Genome-wide 5-hmC Analysis Service and more 5-hmC products at the Zymo Research website.