Searching for that next great HDAC inhibitor can be a grueling task, but now the R&D team at Promega has just introduced the HDAC-Glo™ 2 and IIa Assays to make your HDAC screening life a whole lot better.
Just like the rest of the HDAC-Glo™ Assay family, the HDAC-Glo™ Class IIa and HDAC-Glo™ 2 Assays are designed for quick and easy measurement of histone deacetylase activity in cell-based or biochemical formats.
HDAC Inhibitors Apply Here
HDAC-Glo™ 2 and IIa Assays use single-reagent-addition, luminescent assays to determine the relative activity of HDACs (either Class IIa or Class I isozyme 2) from cells, extracts or purified enzymes. These assays are a simple, accurate and efficient way to bust out many of the tasks needed for a successful HDAC inhibitor profiling campaign, and can be used to:
- Determine HDAC inhibitor potency
- Profile HDAC inhibitor selectivity
- Multiplex with viability assays (correlate potency with cellular fate)
- Assess off-target HDAC effects of compounds
Get That HDAC-Glo™
When you get a load of all the perks that HDAC-Glo™ 2 and IIa Assays has to offer, you’ll be glowing so much that your lab-mates will think you just got back from a tropical vacation. Here’s what the kits bring to the table:
- Biological Insights into Compound Effects: Make better decisions early on during drug screening.
- Panel of Screening Tools: Detection of Class IIa or Isozyme 2 in the same, convenient platform.
- Highly Sensitive: Dynamic range 10- to 100-fold higher than comparable fluorescence methods.
- Fast Data Acquisition: Results in as little as 15 Minutes
- Scalable and Automatable: persistent glow-type steady-state signal is amenable to automation in high-throughput formats and compatible with luminometers without injectors.
- Robust Detection: Low interference, bioluminescence-based detection that also allows you to multiplex with cell-health assays.
Check out the Promega website for more details on their new HDAC-Glo™ 2 and IIa Assays.