Active Motif’s RNA Subcellular Isolation Kit is designed to efficiently isolate separate nuclear and cytoplasmic fractions of RNA for downstream analysis. This method can be used to isolate both long and short RNA sequences from cells or tissue without cross-contamination or the use of phenolic compounds.
RNA molecules exist at different levels of maturation and processing within a cell at any given time. Such heterogeneity can bias downstream analysis and interpretation of data. Subcellular fractionation of RNA greatly improves the accuracy of gene expression analysis.
- Isolates both short and long RNAs, including lncRNAs and microRNAs
- Enhanced detection of low abundance transcripts
- Reduced background from other intronic or mature RNAs
- Purified RNA validated for use in RT-qPCR and RNA-seq
Traditional methods for RNA analysis fall short because they often isolate total RNA which consists of a mixture of intronic RNA originating from immature transcripts in the nucleus, mature RNA from the cytoplasm and a variety of non-coding RNAs. These RNA contaminants reduce sensitivity and detection of low abundance transcripts and also impede the ability to study RNA processing dynamics.
The RNA Subcellular Isolation Kit reduces this complexity to improve downstream analysis and also gives information regarding RNA localization, which provides important insights into an RNA’s functional role.
Key performance features:
- Works with cells or tissue
- Method avoids the use of phenolic compounds
- Isolates RNA between the sizes of 75-7,000 nucleotides
- Easy-to-use spin columns included for RNA purification