PIXUL™ Multi-Sample Sonicator Overview
Next-generation sequencing applications, such as ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, RIP-Seq, exome sequencing, and whole genome sequencing require precise sample fragmentation (200-600 bp) for compatibility with short read sequencing platforms. Shearing by physical sonication, as opposed to enzymatic methods, is preferred for its unbiased nature and ability to produce a relatively narrow fragmentation profile.
However, most currently available sonication systems are incompatible with high-throughput sample processing or require expensive proprietary plates or tubes. PIXUL is the first and only multi-sample sonicator that delivers extremely consistent shearing of up to 96 samples processed in parallel and is fast, simple, and inexpensive to operate.
PIXUL Multi-Sample Sonicator Highlights:
- Process 1-96 samples in parallel to avoid sample shearing bottlenecks in NGS applications
- Up to 12 unique sonication conditions can be run on a single 96-well plate, allowing simultaneous processing of multiple sample types and rapid optimization of conditions for difficult samples
- Compatible with chromatin, DNA, RNA, and protein from purified samples, cells, or tissues
- Inexpensive consumables keep sample processing costs low
- A short 15-minute coupling fluid circulation avoids lengthy water degassing processes