Global DNA Methylation Assay to quantify genome-wide 5-mC levels in human DNA
- Simple ELISA assay in a flexible strip-well microplate format
- Detects as low as 0.5% methylation
- Detects methylation from as little as 10 ng DNA/well
- LINE-1 probe used for DNA capture for better specificity
- Biologically relevant standards provided for improved quantification
Active Motif’s Global DNA Methylation – LINE-1 Kit is an ELISA-based assay for the detection and quantitation of global DNA methylation in human genomic DNA. The assay is unique in that it measures 5-methylcytosine (5-mC) levels of Long Interspersed Nucleotide Element 1 (LINE-1) repeats as a surrogate for global DNA methylation levels. The 96-well assay is ideally suited for high throughput screening of variances in 5-mC levels across different disease states, treatment conditions, clinical outcomes, or environmental factors.
The kit includes all buffers and reagents needed for the assay as well as biologically relevant standard controls derived from human Jurkat genomic DNA for 5-mC quantitation.View Global DNA Methylation Assay – LINE-1 on Active Motif’s website